Go Back   fishthenation.com » FISHING THE NATION » STATE BY STATE FISHING BLOGS & REPORTS » ILLINOIS
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Fishing Live Chat! Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

ILLINOIS ENTER HERE! Fishing in Illinois. Specific lakes, locations, tactics? Guide Reports!

post #1  
Old 04-18-2009, 07:23 PM

About
Best time of year to go Bass Fishing!

Legend and I went on a mission today. We wacked em. Lost count because we caught so many. All on crankbaits. From 8 ft to shore. Awesome day. Waited all winter for days like today. I hope for the same result for my Anglers Unlimited club tourney on Long Lake tomorrow

Proud Member of the Corona Ice Team.
  post #2  
Old 04-18-2009, 10:22 PM

About
hey there welcome back to the site, haven't seen ya on in a while, just out of curiousity which lake is that. Also nice job those are some healthy bass, and yes the bass fishing lately has been pretty hott.

here fishy fishy fishy
  post #3  
Old 04-19-2009, 11:32 AM

About
Nice catches Jason. Good Luck in your tourney!

Definition of AtitAgain: "At---all of your fish, while you are talking ch---it... Again and again"
  post #4  
Old 04-19-2009, 05:36 PM

About
Nice job hope ya didn't sore mouth too many!

Most anglers go onto a lake and see what everyone else is doing, not what Alex V is doing!
  post #5  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:25 PM

About
The pics are from Round Lake. My tournament was on Long Lake. Rainy windy and cold. I sucked. Only brought in 2 fish That's how fishing goes sometimes. I worked my crankbait pattern and it didn't pan out. It was such a good pattern when I pre fished last week. Hard to let go when you have them dialed in that good. I didn't sore mouth a lot of fish. I caught 6 bass. My last 3 bass were from 3 different spots. All over 4 lbs. Fish for today, not yesterday is the lesson I forgot. So far I've come in 1st on Round lake tournament 2 weeks ago. Turn out for that tournament was 39 anglers. No limits. Turn out for Long Lake was 35 anglers. 3 limits. I came in 10th. It's not too late to join Anglers Unlimited. Next stop is Tichigan on opening weekend in Wi on sunday. We've got 4 spots open for our club.

post #6  
Old 04-20-2009, 09:16 AM

About
Right on man, it was tough yesterday! I'd join, but my schedule is crazy as is, but it sounds like a blast! I've been wanting to go to Round lake and Long for so long, but I just keep putting it off. Soon, soon.....

Most anglers go onto a lake and see what everyone else is doing, not what Alex V is doing!
  post #7  
Old 04-20-2009, 12:29 PM

About
I'm heading back to Long Lake this weekend. With air temps supposedly in the 80s I think fishing should be back to normal.